They had a wide range of industries and revenue, but definitely in the multimillions.
At the beginning of the last day, I asked these brilliant folks for their best hair stylist marketing ideas for my personal hair stylist (she’s at tinahairdesign.com).
So in just 5 minutes, we all came up with a bunch!
You can use these Marketing Ideas in your business, just apply the general principle.
These are million dollar ideas, so take them seriously.
OK, here goes, rapid fire, maybe we’ll explore them in more detail in further posts.
Hair Stylist Marketing Ideas
- Contact every current and past client and ask for referrals, giving them an incentive.
- Join BNI
- Give new customers incentives, say a percentage off or a free haircut for first timers
- Understand and promote how she differentiates herself from the others
- Word of mouth from creating an experience: use extra time between appointments to do simple hand/temple massages, server coffee or water, end with a hot towel treatment, etc.
- Grab some ideas for the above experience via the Mind/Body/Connect app
- Get some formal sales training
- Charity: do free cuts and do a Public Relations push around it
- Become cozy with Real Estate agents, give a certificate that can be put in a buyers welcome package
- Go to the breakfasts of the Women’s council of realtors
- Note houses that were just sold, then when new people move in, knock on their doors and offer a free or reduced cut/perm/color (do the sales training first!)
- Join the local Chamber of Commerce
- Offer a Groupon
- For all new homes, connect with a company that does a newsletter or welcome packet
- Provide coupons for friends
- Put pics of before/after on the Facebook page – go ahead and make them funny and staged
- Go through client list and note the ones that haven’t been in for awhile, offer a special
- If there is no foot traffic, move to a location that gives better traffic and will rotate the walkins – most clients will follow, give them an incentive to do so.
- Blog regularly
So if you want to come up with some great Marketing ideas, do all of the following:
– join a mastermind and leverage great business minds
– search the internet
– know your ideal client so you can make sure what you choose will work
– know your USP so you can differentiate yourself from others
– budget your time and money so you can choose what will work best
– be able to sell so you can get a conversion on your ideas
And for the ones you want to try, make sure you understand the lifetime value of a client so you can know if you should implement some ideas that cost you money or not.